Are you familiar with periodontal risk factors such as gum disease? Gum disease, also frequently referred to as periodontal disease, consists of an oral health condition in which the gum tissues in your mouth have become infected. Gum disease is a serious issue that must be treated. To learn more about gum disease and potential symptoms that can arise alerting you to its presence, look below:
– Gum disease often produces visual clues including any signs of inflammation, swelling, pus, sores and blood spotting.
– If your mouth frequently bleeds while brushing or eating meals, it could be linked to an underlying condition such as gum disease.
– Pain and soreness associated with painful chewing sensations while eating or tooth sensitivity such as tender gums is a sign of gum disease.
– Tooth recession, also known as gum recession, is a well-known symptom of gum disease.
– If you are frequently suffering from halitosis and it continues to return, it could be a sign of gum disease.
– Issues associated with teeth that are loose or pulling away from the gums holding them is a known sign of gum disease.
To upgrade your smile with gum disease treatments, you are welcome to schedule a visit with our dentist in Auburn, California. If you would like Dr. Sean P Avera and our team to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please call our office at 530-885-0953.